SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide childcare organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
Job Title: Human Resource Coordinator National Office
Duty station: Dar es salaam (1 post)
Reporting to: National Director
The HRC shall be responsible for setting the strategic direction and growth of Human Resources, including manpower development and planning, with the major objective of taking both staff performance as well as organizational performance to a higher level. She supports the development of major management-improvement processes. The position holder shall be expected to maintain the highest level of professionalism and a high degree of confidentiality will be required
• She/he will provide leadership, and strongly contribute to all processes that lead to enhanced organization development and leadership within the National Association.
• She leads the implementation of the HR manual, communicates and orients staff on new HR policies.
• She leads the staff training and development function, seeking and implementing programmes that help staff to gain new skills and sharpen their abilities for better performance.
• In a balanced manner, she / he will be an advocate for staff in terms of their genuine concerns and relations to the organization, as well as for the organization in terms of its desired direction.
• She / he will apply the current national labour law to the NA staff conditions of service and other HR policies.
• She / he will also be strongly involved in matters of staff discipline and counselling, guiding procedures and ensuring that staff gets up-building advice.
• The position of Human Resource Coordinator shall regularly consult, and work very closely with the National Director on major aspects of his/ her work, also providing him/her with advice on a wide range of HR matters. .
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
• Degree in Human Resource Management/Social Sciences from Government recognized institutions
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a busy environment preferably with an NGO
• The candidate must be self-motivated, innovative with new ideas and a team player.
• Masters on Human Resource management will be added advantage.
• Must be a Tanzanian citizen
Job title: Family Based Care Coordinator (FBC)
Duty station: SOS Children’s Village Dar es Salaam (1 post) & Arusha (1 post)
Reporting to: Program Manager
• Providing strong effective leadership to the affairs of the Children’s Village.
• Leading the SOS community comprising of children, youth, SOS mothers, supporting the children’s educational, emotional development and physical needs.
• Managing the planning and activity programs, as well as the financial and administrative function of the SOS Children’s Village.
• Representing the Village in the local community, creating local networks that support the Children’s Village program.
• Being a role model for the children, youth and mothers..
• This candidate should have knowledge and skills on partnership building with various take holders such as Government officials, NGOs, FBOs as well as with the private sector
• In cooperation with the Program Director, he/she should be able to design and implement the project proposals in order to enhance resource mobilization in the village
• A working knowledge on HR and performance management
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
• Degree in Social Sciences, Psychology, Guidance and Counselling, Development studies or its equivalent.
• At least three year of relevant professional experience at management level.
• Experience in working with children/youth environment will be added advantage.
• Ability to work independently, self-organize, use initiative, keeps commitments and meets deadlines.
• The candidate should possess the emotional stability to lead and guide the large community of children and youth, by maintaining the required high standards.
• A stable social and emotional family situation.
• Computer literacy
• Mature personality (male or female)
Note: The position requires the FBC to live within the SOS Children’s Village.
To apply for this position, send your application letter by postal or email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo will be submitted by only contacted candidates for the interview. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.org. Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert on 11th June 2018. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please Note: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted