SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
Job Title: Program Director Tanzania
Duty station: National Office (1 post)
Reporting to: National Director
Programme Director–leads the development of SOS Children’s Villages key programmatic themes in Tanzania, namely family based care, family strengthening programmes, advocacy, other alternative care options and education.
• Lead and support the implementation of child care, family strengthening, advocacy and education strategies, policies, and best practices across the country
• Ensure the aligned growth and development of SOS children’s programmes across Tanzania, and ensure that the organization’s efforts and resources are targeted at the most vulnerable children, families and communities.
• As part of the senior management team, advise the National Director on the development of SOS programmes under SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
• Build and lead a strong network for all programs in the SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
• Guiding and supporting the child & youth development processes in SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania within the framework of the SOS Children’s Village “Care Promise”
• Ensure the Monitoring & evaluation of SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania programmes is well achieved to inform the progress and growth of the program.
• Supporting Program Managers and other program Staff on implementation of the programs on ensuring that they are alignment with organization policies
• Supporting and Guiding Family Based Care Coordinators and Youth Care co-workers in maintaining linkages with youth who have left SOS Villages for independent lives for better results and outcomes.
• Developing and promoting partnerships with international and National, child rights focused organizations and networks in order to support and strengthen SOS Tanzania childcare work.
• Take lead on all initiatives of expansion of the programs in SOS Children Villages Tanzania by supporting the fundraising activities and Proposal developments across programs.
• Prepare different reports with different requirements from the Donors
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
• Bachelor degree and/or postgraduate qualification in relevant field i.e. Community Development Project Management, Child & Youth development, social sciences, Development studies, etc.
• At least 10 years of working experience in the field of child & youth care, family development, and/or community development in NGO/ INGO setting, five (5) should under Management level
• Proven leadership and people management skills, with experience of managing multi-donor’s projects.
• Candidate with good presentation skills to different stakeholder which includes Board, Senior management, Donors e.t.c.
• Matured candidate with good analytical skills.
• The candidate should be an all-rounded individual with a passion for working with children and youth, with strong advocacy skills, excellent communication
• The ideal candidate should be a socially stable and mature person.
To apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees. Copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo will be submitted by only contacted candidates for the interview. This advert can be obtained on our website http://www.sos-childrensvillagestanzania.org. Closing date is two weeks after the first Advert. To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Please Note: SOS Children's Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
• Only short listed candidates will be contacted